Estimating & Pre-Construction
PRECONSTRUCTION PHASE: TIME INVESTED = TIME GAINED
After Colt Builders is awarded a project, our Preconstruction team begins the preparation for the job start. This includes:
- In-depth review of the plans to see if there are any missing details or information that needs further clarification.
- Begin RFI submittals with anticipation that all questions get answered and information provided before the first nail is driven.
- Review of initial material and labor estimates to make sure current construction drawing set details are covered in takeoff.
- Creation of job site layouts to show building sections / phases for scheduling, deliveries and work flow.
- Creation of CAD drawings if needed, to assist on-site personnel with layout of hold down embeds, etc.
- Review materials specified in plans and create material submittal package.
- Scope review to make sure all field personnel are aware of responsibilities and job specific requirements.
Colt Builders has learned that time invested by a Preconstruction team prior to the job start helps save significant time and money in obstacles that typically arise from poor planning and poor preparation. At Colt Builders we believe we are leaders in the framing industry by providing this level of service to our customers.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON HOW COLT BUILDERS CAN PROVIDE MORE VALUE TO A PROJECT THROUGH OUR PRECONSTRUCTION PLANNING, PLEASE CONTACT USCONTACT US